It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 2 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: The Whine Thread: Why SOE Sucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:07 pm 
Master Mariner

Oh it pissses me off that Fanfaire ppl get stuff, it's not like alot of euro etc ppl can go over there just to bitch more at soe :P I WANT A SKIFF!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm 
I secretly love frogloks

Mit changes. The earlier devs set it a certain way for a reason. The new ones can't work it out and want to change it? And I was starting to like being a good tank.

Then, the SC. I am not opposed to them making some cash on the side, but some of it goes too far. The track scrolls, the bells, taking abilities away from the classes and races. And the big ass cash button might aswell read "WE ARE GREEDY!".

Next, knockbacks. DON'T GIVE US A GREAT BIG BLOODY EPIC ROOM FULL OF MAGIC AND WONDER THEN MAKE US FIGHT IT IN A CORNER WITH A ZOMBIES BUM IN OUR FACE!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:59 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

Also, this:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?&topic_id=490964

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:12 pm 
Master Mariner

How about gifting station cash

Noob 1 - aww man did you see that uber mount that <enter HC raider here> had..it looked so awesome

Noob 2 - yeah i did, i wish i could have one

Uber raider 1 - hey noobs... if you give me 2000 plat i'll gift you a mount with station cash

Noob 1 and 2 - YEY!!!! \o/

enter the "RL Plat farmers"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

Playable vampire race.

This is about the worst idea they have had yet. Vampires aren't even a race, vampirism is a disease.

We have spent over 6 years fighting the undead, and now we are just going to invite them into our cities and our guilds and our groups and raids?

We're going to have vampire templars in Qeynos now? Templars are supposed to be smiting the undead, not *being* the undead.

I am sure they are going to make up some stupid bovine feces to explain why these vampires 1) don't turn to dust in the sun 2) can eat and drink player made food instead of drinking blood 3) can use AA mirrors despite not having a reflection 4) can play whatever class they want and live in whatever city they want

but it all boils down to this:

Twilight = $$$.

SOE is willing to destroy every last bit of lore and end up with a game that makes absolutely no sense, so they can be "the mmorpg with playable vampires".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 pm 
Senior Captain

So, Trion is releasing a game where you've got the pretty graphics (Like EQ2) with performance and ease of play (Like WoW), and massive ongoing world events that require no group or raid coordination, but do require multiplayer participation (the Rifts themselves).
Blizzard is releasing what is effectively WoW 2.0 - Cataclysm revamps the entirety of the game world, including the starting cities.
Sony is releasing an update so you can play a vampire.

Guess which one fails.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:22 pm 
Deckpaw

I imagine a vampire templar as being something like a tofu eating lion. Amusing mental image none the less, and fun to imagine for the sheer sake of irony but that's about it. Ah well, this vampire thing doesn't bother me that much, my rage has been overtaxed by previous Sony exploits. I know they can't have spent much resources on making this race either, since that was the reason for not giving people Othmirs which would have been the expected new race. I'm pretty sure this race is gonna be fairly half-assed. Silver lining in this case would be the fact that I'm not on AB, I can't imagine what that place will be like come feb. Death by drowning in a endless sea of emo vampires.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 pm 
Senior Captain

hell, you're drowning in a sea of emo vampires already on AB.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 am 
Terror of the High Seas

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=491684

Ugliest character models ever? And is this what passes as "lore" these days at SOE?

Not to mention they come up with a "reward" and then make it available for Smedbucks in their Smedbuck store 2 months before they hand out the "reward". Yes, your "reward" is getting to waiting 2 months before you can do what the people who like to buy their way to new shiny things instead of earning them ingame do: run around as some fugly half-soga abominations.

The "reward" ought to be changed to an option to automagically render vampires as dark elves instead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:05 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

"As thrilled as I am about these awesome looking vampire models, and as happy that I am that the game world and city I love will soon be swamped by the same sucky undead that I and my fellow players have been trying to annihilate for, oh, about 6 years now, I would very much like an option to render any vampire player characters as dark elves on my screen so I don't have to look at these guking abominations you are introducing. What the Brell, SOE, what the guking Brell?"

Page 2 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next