It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

How do you feel about the server mergers?
 :) Excited, it will be easier to get groups and I love meeting new people! This will bring new life to the game!  17%  17%  [ 2 ]
 :/ I don't know, I guess it could be good. Or bad. So when are you going to draw new strips/my forum sig?  75%  75%  [ 9 ]
 :((( Worried, I might lose names that are important to me and I bet those new people are all jerks!  8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

Post subject: Server mergers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

The first merger has been delayed again, they are now saying it will happen sometime next week:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=490562

First tuesday the 16th, then wednesday the 17th, then...later...now possibly next week.

On one hand I'm glad as this hopefully means SOE are making sure that nothing can go wrong (*nervous laugh* :~ ) and also doing a merger right before the weekend would be bad, on the other hand I just want to get this over with as soon as possible, plus I have 2 characters stuck on the server we are merging with at the moment... I miss my templar. :/

I personally think that the people who are on the suriviving servers should get a heritage title too ("of Everfrost"), not just the ones that get gobbled up ("of Blackburrow"), and I think characters that originated on the servers that were lost in the first merger should get their heritage titles finally.
I want my "of Toxxulia" title. Yes, I'm very very needy. !cheese1

Post subject: Re: Server mergers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:46 pm 
Sewer Rat

I wanted to pick "So when are you going to draw..." but I'm just too scared....

What if all my toons get left on the old server all by themselves ?
What all my guys end up on a different server from the rest of my guild ?
What if they are all caught in that limbo nether region between servers, never to be heard from again ?
What if once the old server is empty, some random line of code executes that divides by the ZERO, number of people left on it resulting in all of Norath imploding in on itself !

On the plus side, Thanksgiving is coming in the US so they probably will put it off to the week after. Typically anything in December is put of to 1st of the year since so many people are using up vacations or are brain dead thinking of nothing but the upcoming holidays. By then maybe SOE will have figured out how to do it right !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:01 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

tarkus wrote:
What if they are all caught in that limbo nether region between servers, never to be heard from again ?

This happened to one of my guildies during the February 2006 server mergers, he logged in and all his characters were gone, he made a new character to petition and while the rest of us were raiding he ran around in Oakmyst forest. He got his characters back after a week or so.

tarkus wrote:
By then maybe SOE will have figured out how to do it right !

I'm feeling extra nervous because the server I play on is the first one to merge!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 pm 
BOOOMS!

Indeed, "brain dead thinking" is an area of expertise where SOE have excelled time and time again! ;)

And I want to be "of Toxxulia" too. :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:07 pm 
Master Mariner

Option 4 "you don't give a damn.....and i really fancy a tuna melt"

I'm not worried, i'm not going to loose my names, as i looked on eq2 players, and Splitpaw and Runneye won't be done untill after new year, as the Runneye servers are in the US, and the Splitpaw servers are in the Netherlands, so they have to ship the hardwear over seas.

It'll be nice to have new ppl to chat to and to figure out, but i guess i don't really care, as i'm not really going to loose anything, broker sales might pick up again, so i'll get even richer...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

But i still really fancy a tuna melt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 am 
Deckpaw

Voted I don't know, I mean I know the mergers are necessary and I'm pretty sure the game will die pretty quickly without them but frankly these are too late in coming in my opinion. This along with new hardware, low level F2P option and a new vigorous advertising campaign was what we should have got instead of EQ2X and LawlRMT, and it should have been done a long time ago. I know there is likely a lot of logistics issues and other reasons for why things turned out as they did but I can't help but to imagine some degree of mismanagement and neglect from upper management is also to blame. Honestly, I feel bad for the devs working hard to improve the game under these conditions. Ah well, complaining at this point isn't going to achieve anything I suppose haha.

As far as names go, I have to rename my assassin but that's just an alt so I'll live. It'll be nice to have more people around for sure though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:36 am 
Terror of the High Seas

Alfeo wrote:
new hardware, low level F2P option and a new vigorous advertising campaign was what we should have got instead of EQ2X and LawlRMT, and it should have been done a long time ago.

Amen to that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:49 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

Amnerys wrote:
Update: In order to be sure we're fully staffed and can make everything run as smoothly as possible, we will not be doing the merge this week (Thanksgiving week). We will have more news after the holiday break.

Have a great holiday, everyone!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=490562

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 pm 
Barnacle Bait

I'm on a non-merging server, so can't really complain. But before when I was, everything went as well as could be expected, and the resulting environment afterwards was actually quite festive with people happy to have new friends.

The thing I dislike GREATLY about this merge is that before when they did this, they allowed everyone a weeks grace of server hopping to find out where they wanted to be. This BS about "We've planned these to maximize server pops and don't want to have people going where we don't want to" needs to have the extra words "...for free." added to it. /target SOE /rude

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:23 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

I know at least some people from Blackburrow have got an (unusable as of yet) "of Blackburrow) scroll, but none of the characters I had on Blackburrow have got one yet, I wonder if they stopped handing them out until they actually work, or if they are just ignoring my characters since I also had characters on Everfrost? That seems strange though...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]