It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Vizzerdirx of Everfrost, best avoided
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:59 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

There I am, busy with other things, when this level 69 ranger in level_1-9 asks for the sootfoot magma gloves. I wait to see if anyone else is going to help him, because I'd rather continue what I am working on, but no luck there it seems. So I send him a tell. He asks if I can make the chestpiece too and offers me two plat, I was going to do it for way less but I'm not complaining. :D

He says he wants a new mount, so I suggest getting the Sootfoot Lavacow since it'll match his armour. He offers me up to 7 plat in the end to run him through the questline, but I really don't feel like spending all that time dragging him around for a relatively easy but time consuming questline when I have other things I ought to be doing. ;) So I say no to his plats, and just show him where the questline starts. :)

I give him the link to the quest he is on, and call back to Freeport to continue my work.

A few minutes later though, the tells start coming in. I guess finding the information you need on the wiki can be quite difficult huh, I linked him the quest he was currently on but finding the link to the next quest in the series was obviously too hard. :? So, being a loyal and helpful citizen of the fair city of Freeport, I explain how to get to the mobs he needs...and where to find the next quest NPCs. :) More problems though, it turns out he doesn't craft...so again, I offer to help him out. :|

My patience is beginning to wear thin at this point, since the mobs he is asking for this time are damn near on top of the NPC that just gave him the quest. :x Did they take away tracking from rangers in the last game update? :P

He invites me back to the group. I figure it's best to paste the info about where all the things he needs for this crafting quest are, to save us both some time. No luck there though, I have to repeat myself again since he obviously didn't read what I wrote the first time. :x

Don't ask me what he needs 10 coal for, hopefully he's thinking of taking up crafting so I won't have to commission craft for him anymore. :(

A subtle hint about tracking there, and a reminder that eq2.wikia.com is very nice if you get stuck on a quest. Maybe this time it will sink in? :/ I call back to freeport again, hoping to continue what I was working on.

No such luck. :(((

I give him the URL for the timeline, and he "tipes" it in but it doesn't work! How convenient, that means he can keep bugging me instead. :x But hang on a minute, wasn't this the same guy who was pasting act parses in screenshot 1? So he can figure out how to get ACT to work but can't get a webpage to load? >:x
I try to stay calm >:( and offer some solutions before wishing him good luck, since I don't really feel like looking up stuff for him every 3 minutes until the end of time.

And that, I hoped, would be the end of it. But no. He sends me yet another tell. :|

So there you have it. Vizzerdirx of Everfrost, how he ever made it to level 69 I have no idea. Even worse, there is a level 90 bruiser, a level 82 necromancer,and a level 81 wizard as well as some smaller alts on the same account. If those belong to him too, it's further proof that leveling in this game has become way too easy. :x

Oh, and Peachie, he was a frog, which I'm sure comes as no surprise to you. ;)

Post subject: Re: Vizzerdirx of Everfrost, best avoided
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:07 am 
Sewer Rat

Boo to Noob frogs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:33 pm 
I secretly love frogloks

Plus, he has bits of T1/T2 SF raid gear. Either he bought it, or raided for it. And seeing his has the control rod, an item I have never seen sell, I am likely to believe he raided for it.

Either way, lazy people suck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:33 am 
Lizard provisioner

You are waaaaaaaay too nice Vanja. People in my guild think I'm mean/unhelpful/aloof sometimes but if I were to have a conversation like this with 60 other people I'd never get anything done.

My conversation with Vizzerdirx would have gone:

Vizzerdirx tells you, "just got to find new mount lol"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "ya, there's a lot of choices" (why give him any information that will just prompt more questions heh)
Vizzerdirx tells you, "help me quest, i will pay 2p"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "http://eq2.wikia.com <- just mail the plat to Gaktar"
Vizzerdirx tells you, "it takes a long time :/"
(time passes since I don't answer whining statements as a general principle)
Vizzerdirx tells you, "well?"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "I'm sorry, did you ask a question?"
Vizzerdirx tells you, "it takes a long time, will you help me?????"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "http://eq2.wikia.com makes it quicker and the quest is more enjoyable when it's soloed since you can read the dialog at your own pace" (my last real chance at being helpful)
Vizzerdirx tells you, "where it start?"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "it starts at http://eq2.wikia.com"
Vizzerdirx tells you, "where is smapty and kipukas?"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "they are at http://eq2.wikia.com"
/ignore Vizzerdirx

But usually I have to delete someone from my extensive ignore list first to make room for the new addition :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:25 pm 
Sewer Rat

Lol...I feel your pain. Been there, but never quite to this extent, jebus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:11 pm 
Senior Captain

Vizzerdirx tells you, "help me"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "can't, have to shave the dog's ass. http://eq2.wikia.com"
Vizzerdirx tells you, "help me pls"
You tell Vizzerdirx, "If I build you a fire, you'll be warm for the night. If I set you on fire, you'll be warm for the rest of your life. Which one do you think I'm choosing?"
/ignore Vizzerdirx

Time elapsed: 1m 36s. Includes time to use bathroom and grab fresh drink from fridge, plus check email.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:57 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

Oh, and this story just got an interesting new chapter, as he just asked if he could join <Cheese Pirate> on his level 16 alt Vizz. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:30 am 
BOOOMS!

http://cheesepirate.com/comics/59.html ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]