It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: The Draftling?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am 
I secretly love frogloks

I was looking at the new Draftling picture on here and I am wondering, what is he? Why is his tower full of Bees? Why is there a tiny hive in there which turns out to be a massive zone? Why does he take a shine to those two halfling boys? Does he still like jumjum\/

*deep breath*

Basically, what do you know about him?

Post subject: Re: The Draftling?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 am 
Terror of the High Seas

It is said that he is half dragon, rest halfling, though some think he is just a halfling dressed up in a dragon costume. Some think he is one of Bristlebane's creations, escaped from the plane of Mischief.

When you enter the bixie hive in the Drafling's tower, your character shrinks, that's why there is a massive zone inside the tiny hive. At one point inside the hive you step through a broken window, and the window seems to be enormous because you have shrunk.

His tower might be full of bees and bixies because he was fond of flowers? Legend has it he planted the Bumblethorn Flower Patch in the Enchanted Lands and created Sir Tatters the scarecrow and put him there to guard it. Maybe he was using the bees to make honey jum?

Being half halfling, or at least possessing quite a few halflinglike traits, it's really quite natural that he would take an interest in the two halfling boys on their adventure - it's not the first time he has interacted with halflings, and he has protected Rivervale in the past.

Does he still like jumjum? Of course he does, who doesn't!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 am 
I secretly love frogloks

Suddenly, it makes more sense. The tiny hive, big zone thing was one of the things that always confused me about the zone, and I had ideas of a huge underground network under Rivervale.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:56 pm 
Sewer Rat

Oh and by the way, great piece of art, i have it in my home above my best chair and can appreciate it while drinking some jum-jum-wine and read a new milestone in Halfling destributions from Vanja.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]