It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Deathly Hallows, part I
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 pm 
Senior Captain

Went and saw this over the weekend. I've enjoyed the series and thought the movies were all quite well done. This one, however, was an exception to the rule.

In many ways, it was boring. Not because of the subject matter, or the fact that they're covering the tremendously tedious first half of the novel, but because of presentation. It honestly felt like the actors were tired of their roles and were ready to move onto something else.

Then there was the flow of the movie itself which frankly felt rather disjointed, almost as if the entire story were being told by Luna.

Took my sons to the movie, and they've been followers since basically the 3rd grade when the series first came out. Their opinion of the movie was similar to my own. While it may be a necessary evil, it was, overall, a rather poor effort and we can only hope that it's not a harbinger of what the final installment will bring when it releases.

So, while we went to the movie expecting !cow3 what we got was !poop

Post subject: Re: Deathly Hallows, part I
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:45 pm 
Ship Rat

That's really disappointing. I haven't seen it yet since I haven't been able to get my husband to actually go see the movie with me. He isn't a HP fan at all, and trying to get him to sit through one is like trying to get a kid to sit perfectly still for more than 10 minutes. I actually see a little bit of him in every one of these kids.

Post subject: Re: Deathly Hallows, part I
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:39 am 
Terror of the High Seas

Poor kids!

Despite the bad things I have heard (and I have heard good things too actually) I look forward to seing the movie, I'll probably end up watching both parts in one go when they are out on DVD though, don't like going to the cinema alone.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]