It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Disaster at CheesePirate HQ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

There might be some extra delays with strips and sigs...no, not caused by frostfell lazyness, for slackness levels, while approx. 9001 times higher than those of the average person, are still at normal levels for yours truly...but because my monitor seems to finally be kicking the bucket.

My last surviving Samsung SyncMaster 204B monitor (2 of these have died on me before, I used to have 2 hooked up at the same time and am now reduced to one) which has 4 dead lines (yes lines, not just pixels) and takes 15 minutes to display anything after I turn it on (so it never gets turned off anymore) now displays everything at half the intensity it used to, so I get a lovely flickering washed out grayish dark picture. No, it's not because it's covered in a layer of fossilised dust, I scraped that off already. I think it might be time to buy a new monitor.

This Philips 24" Brilliance 240S1SB looks nice for the price, I currently run 1600x1200 and it can do 1920x1200 so I wouldn't be losing any vertical resolution, yays. The review I found (in German) seemed fairly positive so I think I'm going to give it a try. Only problem is it's aparently not in stock yet. It should be good enough for EQ2, right?

The alternative option would be this more expensive Samsung 24" LCD Syncmaster 2443BW but having had 2 earlier model Samsung SyncMasters die on me and a third dying a slow death for quite some time now I'm not sure I want to try a 4th.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Post subject: Re: Disaster at CheesePirate HQ
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:53 am 
BOOOMS!

My thoughts are that you should post which one you bought, and ask Santa Claws to bring you a new graphics card! And a motherboard! And a CPU! And more RAM! !snow1

Also,

We love Alice Cowper! !cow1 !cow2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 am 
Terror of the High Seas

I ended up with a cheap-as-chips Packard Bell Viseo 220DX with a resolution of 1920x1080, I miss those vertical pixels but so far it seems like an alright monitor, no dead pixels or anything.

I don't think santa will be bringing me any of those things, hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 am 
Terror of the High Seas

But maybe some !cheese1

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]