[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4592: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4594: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4595: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
CheesePirate.com • View topic - Star Wars: The Old Republic

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:36 am 
Plate Armoured Pirate Knight?

I tried this game in July, and i enjoyed it alot, though it was early beta access. Havent tried it lately but i have preordered it and will try it for the 30 free days atleast. Heavy story driven, i like story driven games. The game felt very little grindy, which is good in the long run.
!gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !gob1 !orc1

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:36 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

I'm more of a fantasy fan than a sci-fi fan, but I do love the original 3 Star Wars movies. The prequels, not so much. Might give this a try eventually ("yes!", shouts my inner child) though I'm not sure if another MMORPG would be good for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:41 pm 
First Mouse

i've beta tested the final 2 weekends ... and its awsome ... feels kinda linear but once you get your starship at around lvl 16-17 it really opens up a lot ... grouping is fun, haven't tried raiding yet but if its like grouping then it should be awsome ...

oh and the soloablility is superb, i get flashbacks from KoToR 1&2 ...

no rat race though :(((

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:59 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

Now that it's out, how do you guys (and others who have tried it) feel about it so far?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:44 am 
Plate Armoured Pirate Knight?

I love it, i play Sith Warrior, and i got to say the class story so far is amazing. I cant stop playing it. I will from Monday pop regularly by EQ2 too, since i most likely will have reach max level, and my raid guild is starting up raids again...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 pm 
First Mouse

still love it ... currently have a 34 Jedi Sage (healer speced)

unlocked the Legacy, although its still under development, it will allow you to further customise your character (however that will be). been in 1 raid so far, against the world boss on Corusant, a gigantic droid. was fun and had a very familur feel to EQ2 raiding. still not in a guild yet as grouping doesn't seem to be an issue, but i'm guessing if i want endgame raid content i'll need to seek out a guild.

playing on a PvE server, and played a little in some battlezone areas (PvP), kinda fun. making me think of trying an actual PvP server eventhough i didn't like it on EQ2.

crafting is ok i guess, no need for you to stand in front of a crafting table cause you can have you companions do it all for you, which is great i guess, but i seem to miss a feeling of accomplishment making the items yourself. ahhh the days of grinding in front of the alchemy table grinding out pots for my guild raids !grok2

*edit* oh i forgot to mention, now that i'm level 43, i've noticed that its still kinda linear. which in itself is ok, after all its a Bioware game. but i've noticed that alot of people (including myself) want a more open feel to the game. hopefully BW will make significant addons and changes to that in the future. i really hope that they will start to concentrate more on open play and less on story driven, after all after level 50 you story is pretty much completed. but only time will tell ... !coffee

**edit again** forgot something else, joined a guild with a catchy name "Curb Your Imperialism" ... they are starting to form up for 8 man Operations (raids) so i hope i'll be getting some raid action soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 pm 
Ship Rat

*bump* ;)

it's buggy, but that's to be expected in a new MMO. though they do tend to mess up by fixing one thing and breaking two. I guess they will improve, hopefully soon.

my biggest problem with the game is the design flaws. it seems like they haven't learned anything from their competitors, they've done alot of the newb mistakes blizzard did in wow vanilla, and have fixed later. also, I think bioware was forced by EA to release it at least six months before it was finished, as it was shipped without antialiasing, high resolution textures, guild bank, customizable UI, etc etc etc.

three weeks after release, my guild had 27-28 people online during peak hours. now, we're lucky to see more than 7. wait at least 3-6 months before trying it, I hope they've fixed the game by then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:51 am 
Stowaway

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 am 
Ship Rat

yeah the game is kinda like being in an abusive relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:29 am 
Stowaway

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next