It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Page 5 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: The Whine Thread: Why SOE Sucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:41 pm 
First Mouse

alas all i have left are my memories ...

hello everyone, been a while since i've checked in and did some catching up on all the posts for the past 6 months ...

i saw the link for Stargrace saying her fond farewell to Norrath ... and its funny how i feel the same way that she does.

like her i'm a 6+ year veteran player and fallen into such a disappointing slump with the direction EQ2 has heading in that i finally cancelled my account (again). i say again because back when DoF came out i was quickly bored with it but stuck with it cause i was hoping it would pick up speed again, but when EoF was announced and i previewed it, i said "thats it" ... after about a year i reopened my account and found a renewed love interest, after all i had a lot of new content to explore. it was almost an entire new game for me. i contacted an in-game friend and she was soooo excited that i had returned. so i returned, got excited about the newer content that i gave up on (EoF and beyond), joined a new guild (very large, casual to heavy raiding guild) and made a whole bunch on new friends. now i've reached the end of the rope.

Velious left me with a bitter taste, but i guess it started with Sentinals Fate. i mean ANOTHER floating world, ummm didn;t we already have that? oh yea KoS, i mean great imagination SOE. couldn;t you have gone another route, maybe underground like a complete subterranian world or even a completely underwater world, why another floating world?!? ok ok so they want to tie in somethings from the original EQ, fine i'll give you that. but its a NEW Norrath, the contenents were shattered, the moon was destroyed, and nothing is completely the same as the old universe. time for some new ideas and directions, but you failed at that.

as for all the other small things, Vanja you said enough of it in your first post, Stargrace said some more in her farewell post and i have nothing more to add to them.

all i can say is, thank you SOE ... thank you for catering to the flaky new generations of mmo players, thank you for abandoning the true hardcore players, thank you for your lack of creation and interest, and thank you for my fond memories when EQ2 was the pinnacle of finest mmo's.

from my baby days of starting out as a (mediocre) kerran berserker, to my glory days of being a (raiding) ratonga brigand. after multiple level 90 adventures and level 90 crafters, i am DONE!

... ... ...

Vanja love your comic strip and i will be checking in to see updates ... keep up the great work !cheese2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:59 pm 
Terror of the High Seas

/hug Blackmoor

Though I have not set paw in Norrath in a long time, the cheesy adventures will continue. !pirat04

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 pm 
Plate Armoured Pirate Knight?

Norrath is gone, all that is left is $m€dbuck$ £and

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 am 
Terror of the High Seas

So they are screwing up Freeport completely, and you STILL won't be able to fly, leap, glide there, NOR will you be able to start a new character there. >:(

http://eq2wire.com/2011/11/04/six-things-from-the-webcast-you-should-know-about-freeport/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 pm 
Stowaway

All you have it easy! When Grok get to earn xp and gain level, that what Grok want to know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am 
Terror of the High Seas

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?&topic_id=515195

WORST. IDEA. EVER.

After what, 8 years, they suddenly introduce region locks.

Americans will no longer be able to play on European servers at all, even if they have chars there.
Europeans who don't have chars on US servers already will not be able to play on US servers.

This is going to destroy guilds and communities. And if I manage to talk any of my RL European friends into trying EQ2 I will not be able to play with them because the characters I play are on American servers.

Great idea there, SOE.

!poop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:40 am 

Allthough i am currently busy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, i had a plan to eventually return to eq2, now im having second thoughts. I hope that we can get a chance for free transfers, if so I will move all my Characters to Everfrost. All the hope i had for this game (eq2) is slowly dying, rotting and turning into a rotting cesspool. Im not angry, im so damn disapointed. After this many years and they go in oposite way of every other MMO. This Soviet Russia mentality is beyond me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 am 
Terror of the High Seas

Yeah, they are going the exact opposite direction of LOTRO for instance, which used to be segregated before Turbine took over the european servers from Codemasters and opened up all servers for people from all regions. If only LOTRO was half as fun as EQ2.. :/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am 
Terror of the High Seas

I read a post on the official forums from a guy who has played on Valor (German language Euro server) since 2004, it is where all his chars are, his guild, his friends. His native language is German. However, he lives in the US, so now he will be kicked off his server and deported to some American server where he doesn't know anyone. It's just awful to do this to people! :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:29 am 

This move is just horrible, I feel like crying out loud in rage and turn over cars. The feeling of grief comes over me... Hope free transfer will be available, or a date for transition, so i can cancel all my subscriptions.

Page 5 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next